Why we are proud of ECP…
- We are proud of our reputation as a highly respected, academic school
- Over 1200 students in total have graduated with the IB Diploma since 1994
- ECP Alumni go on to top universities including Oxford and Cambridge
- The stories of our graduates speak for themselves
- Graduates regularly visit the College to advise current students
University Destinations in 2022
- Czech Republic23%
- Other European34%
- USA & Canada9%
- Australia & Asia19%
- gap year1%
Show Prior Years University Destinations
University Destinations in 2021
- Czech Republic19.4%
- Other European8.3%
- Australia or Gap Year8.3%
University Destinations in 2020
- Czech Republic21%
- Other European10%
- Australia & Asia1.6%
University Destinations in 2019
- Czech Republic24 Students
- Netherlands12 Students
- Other European3 Students
- USA/Canada3 Students
- Australia & Asia2 Students
University Destinations in 2018
- Czech Republic18 Students
- Netherlands4 Students
- Other European7 Students
- USA/Canada3 Students
- South Korea1 Student
University Destinations in 2017
- Czech Republic17 Students
- Netherlands11 Students
- Other European5 Students
- Canada2 Students
- USA1 Student
University Destinations in 2016
- Czech Republic21 Students
- Netherlands5 Students
- Australia & Asia5 Students
- USA2 Students
- Other European2 Students
University Destinations in 2015
- United Kingdom38 Students
- Netherlands12 Students
- Czech Republic10 students
- USA5 students
Prize Winners 2022
Show Prior Years Prize Winners
Prize Winners 2021
Prize Winners 2020
Prize Winners 2019
IB Team at ECP
The mission of the IB Team (Upper School Team) is to maintain our school as a centre of excellence for IB learning and preparedness for future success. We support students in three areas:
- Learning: to set high standards and ensure exceptional IB pedagogical practice so all students reach their academic potential
- Pastoral Care: to care for the well-being of all Upper School students
- Universities and Careers: to provide sound advice and assistance with planning post-ECP study and work
We have high academic expectations for our students but couple this with unwavering guidance, rapport and encouragement.
- Read MoreEmily RankinDeputy Head & Head of Upper School, Whole School Teaching and Learning Lead
The missions of both the English College and the IB are wholly congruent, focused on not only rigorous pedagogy but also intercultural respect and understanding. We are proud of our thoughtful and informed graduates.
- Read MoreStephen HudsonDirector of the IB Diploma Programme, Head of Philosophy & Exams Officer
Studying the IB Diploma Programme at the English College teaches students to be independent lifelong learners. It also fosters critical thinking and international mindedness. All of these are valuable attributes for the 21st century workplace.
- Read MoreNicolas Hill,Head of Careers and Academic Enrichment & Head of History
At the English College we do our best to ensure that students are given the information and advice that they need to apply to the top universities throughout the world. In addition, we organize yearly work experience programme with top companies in both Prague and London.
- Read MoreTerri CollierHead of Humanities, Head of Psychology, Head of TOK & Upper School Support
Working with students in tutor groups allows us to build relationships in a unique way. The soft skills that students gain through tutor time activities such as discussion, teamwork and presentation skills are central to the IB diploma and are important for future study and careers.
English College in Prague alumni can be found all over the world. Many are still in the Czech Republic, but others are as far away as the UK, Australia, America, Vietnam and China. Amongst them are artists, designers, academics, musicians, doctors, solicitors, businessmen and women, scientists, charity campaigners and diplomats – many different professions, but the thing they all share is the solid foundation of an ECP education.
Where are they now?
ECP Network (ECPN)
The ECPN is a network for the wider ECP community, providing a way for everyone who has been part of the ECP family over more than twenty years to keep in touch, maintaining a link between the College, all its alumni, their parents, former members of staff and governors. We hope that by broadening and strengthening these links, we will in turn strengthen the ECP so it can continue to fulfil and expand its mission of educating the next generation of young people in Prague. And as our alumni progress in their chosen careers, the ECPN will be there to help put them in touch with others who are in the same profession to offer advice and encouragement so that in another twenty years’ time, there will be successful ECP graduates in senior positions in all areas of Czech life, helping to make their country a better, more equitable and prosperous place.
All ECP students automatically become members of the ECP Network (ECPN) when they leave the school. Our graduates regularly visit the College to advise current students on universities and careers, sharing their experience and offering practical advice, helping to guide the next generation as they enter their adult lives. These visits make a great impression on the students. As one of them said after his visit: “Not only is it helping my old school, it is helping my country.”
Would you like more information?
*Some information on this website may be out of date, following the announcement of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.